This school was established by Mrs. Mandakini Krishnamurthi, in 1950 as a school of “Basic Education” on the lines of the pioneering one in Sewagram, established by Shri Aryiyanayagam and Smt. Asha Devi under the guidance of Gandhiji. Over the years it has gradually transformed to its present standard form of pre primary and primary school.
The medium of instruction is Tamil. The total strength of the school is 210. The syllabi for the different classes are framed in accordance with the guidelines formulated by the Education Department.