This school was established in 1963-64 with a munificent donation from Smt. Nallamuthu Ramamurthi, wife of Sri T.V. Ramamurthi, in memory of her late husband. Smt. Nallamuthu Ramamurthi was a distinguished educationist and the first Indian principal of the Queen Mary’s College for women (The first women’s college to be established in India).
The school is a State Board School aided by the State Government. The total strength of the school is 704 for the academic year 2017-18. Children belonging to the weaker section of the society are benefited by studying in our school
Avvai Home works towards the holistic development of students. 25/30 students are supported for higher studies every year.
Aided by State Government
VI to X Standard Tamil medium
XI / XII Standard Tamil medium
Group I Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
Group II Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
Group V History, Geography, Economics, Computer Science
Funded by Management
VI to X Standard English medium
XI / XII Standard English medium
Group I Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry ,Computer Science
Group II Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Group III Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, Business Maths
XI / XII Standard Tamil medium
Group III Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, Computer Science
Group IV Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, Business Maths
• Well equipped science lab with separate workstations for Physics, Chemistry and Biology
• A good computer lab with 1:1 ratio of student and computer, that can help students from Grade VI to XII to have hands on experience with the subject
• Projector enabled classrooms for interactive learning
• Basic training session on MS Office is given for XI and XII Grade students after their board exams every year. This session is organized by iNautix Technologies.
• The school has a spacious library with full time librarian
• Medical Camp for Eye check-up, Dental check-up, skin - Leprosy check-up are arranged every year
• There is also a literary forum where discussions and debates are encouraged
• Students are encouraged to participate in competitions like Drawing, music, dance, debates etc
• Selected Students from X Grade and VIII Grade are sent for NTSE and NMMS Merit Scholarship Exam.
• Purified drinking water
• Modern Toilets
• The school has a number of CCTV cameras installed to cover the complete campus and to record all the happenings for safety reasons
• Spoken English Classes for VI, VII, VIII and IX Grade students are conducted thrice a week by CHAI Foundation and Chennai Volunteers.
• Yoga and meditation along with martial arts training form a part of the curriculum. Teachers from KYM, Brahma kumari give formal training on Yoga and meditation to the students.
• Karate training is given by a master who is an old student of Avvai Home Primary School.
• In sports, the school has a very strong team for Kabaddi and Kho-Kho which has been winning in zonal and district level competitions for the past 5 years.
• Summer Sports Camp is organized for the school students by Syntel during the vacation period.
• Dance Class for VI and VII Grade students are conducted twice a week.
• Parai, Gadam and Kanjeera classes for students from VI to XII Grade is organized by Shri T. M. Krishna and Smt. Sangeetha Sivakumar.
• The School has Eco club, NSS, Guides and J.R.C. The school maintains a herbal garden with more than 80 varieties of healing herbs. The school has trained teachers to handle the respective sessions.
• Awareness Programmes for the seasonal ailments are given by senior Doctors to the students.
• Career counseling and guidance for X, XI, and XII Grade Students