Mrs. Mandakini Krishnamurthi assisted Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy in her work till 1960, when she finally took over as the Honorary Secretary and Correspondent, which position she held till a debilitating illness disabled her in 2002
The credit for academic growth at the Avvai Home goes entirely to Mrs. Mandakini Krishnamurthi, who labored untiringly towards these educational goals, despite the envy and the handicaps of her environment. She was the recipient of many awards.
- United Nations Educational Cultural Mandram
- National Award given to Avvai Home for the children in public recognition of the valuable services to the community rendered in the field of Child Welfare.
- The Silver Elephant Award in 1992
- For the sake of Honour Award
- Tamil Nadu Stri Shakthi Purasakar Award – 18th April 2002
- “Scroll of Honour” – 2004
“International Education Year 1970 Awards” For distinguished personalities and institutions award Mrs. Mandakini Krishnamurthi for the Benefactor of the destitutes.
“National Award for Child Welfare -1988” Awarded by the Ministry of Human Resources Development – Department of Women and Child Development- Govt. of India
For outstanding work as Commissioner of Bharat Scouts and Guides, Tamil Nadu State, by President Shankar Dayal Sharma.
Rotary Club of Madras Coromandel – 1995 awards to Mrs. Mandakini Krishnamurthi – Educationist and Social Worker
Women Empowerment By Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Selvi J. Jayalalithaa
Awarded by the Bharath Scouts & Guides – Tamil Nadu